The Airwing 3 Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) is a NIOSH-approved respirator system that feeds pressurized air into a Tyvek hood via a flexible hose at variable flow rates, providing a level or particulate protection that far exceeds any commercially available passive half mask. The Airwing 3 PAPR provides between 9 and 11 hours of N100-grade filtration to a wearer using a blower unit weighing in at just 1.94 lbs (880 gm).
Suitable applications for this system include wood working, chimney maintenance, concrete and demolition work, and protection from silica dust / fine airborne particulates.
No respirator sold by Peke Safety is suitable for asbestos remediation.
All respiratory and safety equipment, regardless of approval, should not be used without prior medical sign-off by a certified physician.
- HEPA Filtration (99.97% efficiency down to .3 microns)
- Variable flow rates selectable by the user - 197, 215, 230 LPM
- Blower unit weighs less than 2 lbs
- Battery life between 9 and 11 hours (flow rate dependent)
- 1 x PAPR Unit, AirWing III
- 1 x Breathing Tube
- 1 x Tube cover
- 1 x Tube Holder
- 1 x Battery
- 1 x Battery Charger Kit
- 1 x Belt Assembly
- 1 x Shoulder Straps
- 1 x Filter, Prefilter (Foam)
- 1 x Filter, Particulate (HEPA)
- 1 x Air Flow Meter
Airwing 3 PAPR with Tyvek Hood Specifications
1.98 Lbs (Blower), 2.5 Lbs (System)
8.25"(W) x 7" (H) x 3.25" (D)
197, 215, 230 LPM
Operation / Charging Time
9-11 Hours / ~2 Hours
Rechargeable Lithium, ~500 Charges
OTOS Airwing 3 PAPR FAQs
What should i check before using my otos air wing 3?
Before using the respirator, check the following items:
- Air Filter Assembly: Verify the air filter is suitable for the application and is NIOSH-approved. Also be sure the filter is undamaged, properly assembled, and securely connected to the blower assembly.
- Breathing Tube: Be sure the tube is undamaged and properly connected to the blower assembly and hood.
- Battery: Verify the battery is fully charged and securely connected to the blower assembly.
- Air Flow: Test air flow. Please refer to Section 3-9 in the user manual for how to test the Air Flow in your OTOS Air Wing. Additionally, read our other FAQ’s to learn more.
- Air flow Alarm: Turn on blower assembly and check for audible, visual, and vibratory alarms (see Sections 3-7 and 3-9 of the user manual). See Troubleshooting section if alarms go on at any other time (Section 3-19 of the user manual).
- Hood: Inspect the hood and replace it if damaged. See Troubleshooting (Section 3-19 of the user manual) if air is not being supplied to the hood.
How long will the otos air wing 3 last?
The respirator has no expiration date, and with proper care and maintenance it can provide many years of respiratory protection. The respirator can continue to be used, provided that all components are undamaged (no cracks, gaps, holes, or air leaks) and the blower functions normally (supplies sufficient air to the hood).
How should the otos air wing 3 be maintained?
Replace damaged or dirty air filters. Do not wash filters, clean with compressed air, or reuse dirty air filters.
Never use solvents or abrasive cleaning solutions to clean the respirator. Keep water and other fluids out of blower assembly.
Maintain accurate records of filter replacement and respirator maintenance.
For best performance, clean the equipment after each use. Use a soft cloth dampened with a mild soap and water solution to wipe all external surfaces clean. Allow to air dry.
Product usage, workplace contamination levels, and other factors affect the life of the filter elements. Replace filter elements if air flow is reduced due to a dirty filter (see Section 3-4 of the user manual) and according to the filter change schedule established by your Safety Director and an Industrial Hygienist.
Inspect the breathing tube and replace it if damaged, or if the inside of the tube is dirty.
If the respirator will not be used for an extended period, remove the filter and battery and store them in a clean, dry, cool place free of solvent-based Vapors.
What different controls are available in the otos air wing 3?
The different controls available to operate in the OTOS Air Wing 3 are as follows:
Power On/Off Button
To Start: Press Power On/Off button for 1-2 seconds until the blower starts. When the blower starts, the Danger indicator lights and then goes out, the alarm sounds, and the blower vibrates momentarily. To Stop: Press Power On/Off button for 2-3 seconds until the audible alarm and blower stop.
Here are the following available controls with the Information Button:
- Filter Lifetime: The Filter Lifetime screen displays the number of hours since the last Reset.
- Clock: The Clock screen displays the current time.
- External LED: The External LED screen indicates the status of the LEDS on the outside of the blower.
- LCD Contrast: The LCD Contrast screen indicates the current LCD contrast setting.
- View Angle: The View Angle screen displays the current orientation of the on-screen menu.
Up Arrow / Down Arrow
The blower always starts at the low speed. Press the Up Arrow button to switch between high, medium and, low speeds.
Battery Level Indicator
The Battery Level indicator shows the power remaining in the battery. The battery is fully charged when the indicator bar is full (H).
The LED indicator flashes red, the alarm sounds, and the blower vibrates if battery power is low or airflow is reduced due to a dirty filter, blocked breathing tube, or other problem. See Troubleshooting (Section 3-19 in your user manual). The LED indicator is green during normal operation, orange when the filter is nearing end of life, and red when the filter must be changed. PLEASE NOTE: Indicator lights are always red.