The Peke Safety Medpod (patent pending) provides a highly portable, negative / positive air pressure patient isolation transport environment powered by a variable flow-rate PAPR blower. The system is designed to protect EMS workers and other first responders from off-gassing patients and casualties while also preventing contamination of vehicles and infrastructure.
For maximum visibility and structural rigidity the system is constructed from drop-stitch reinforced FR-rated PVC and 16-gauge clear vinyl, and is capable of supporting a patient without the need for a spine board or stretcher. Inflatable design allows the unit to take up as small a footprint as possible, deploying in as little as 15 seconds using a CO2 cylinder, and a lack of parts to assemble allows for the fastest setup time of any patient isolation stretcher available on the market.
Includes 2 access ports to allow IV, fluid lines, ventilators and patient monitoring systems and two passthrough portals for re-provisioning supplies in the envelope while it is in use.
All MedPod envelopes are pressure tested prior to sale to the same standard as fully-encapsulated Level A Hazmat Coveralls.All respiratory and safety equipment, regardless of approval, should not be used without prior medical sign-off by a certified physician.
- Base manufactured from reinforced gray 3-mil PVC drop stitch material
- Inflatable to 20 PSI, the high-strength welded design is fully collapsible for maximum portability inside a standard military-style backpack
- System can be fully decontaminated and contains non-ferrous parts
- Carrying handles are 6-point reinforced
- Capable of supporting up to 300 Lbs or 136 Kgs
- Base rigidity sufficient to support a spine injury
- PAPR allows for greater than 16 to 20 air exchanges per hour based on negative or positive configuration, at 4 to 5 CFM for 10-14 hours
- Medpod will float on water and can be dragged across rough terrainSystem can be switched from negative to positive pressure operation to support burn victims